BlenderGuru Dreamland Contest: Written Dreams

Hey everyone,

I’ve finally got a substantial start on an image that I will likely stick with for the new BlenderGuru Competition. My concept is to depict an incredible landscape, with animals and a waterfall to create a tone of wonder. I’m still working on the subjects on the image, but here is the basic landscape:

At the moment I’m sculpting a panther to add into the foreground of the scene. I’m working on the muscles and fur now!

Stay tuned for updates on the panther and the rest of the story!

Suggestions and ideas are more than welcome!

Eli

EDIT: I think this should be in the WIP section – is there a way to move it there?

Here is the latest update on the models. I think I’m nearly done the modelling stage at this point, besides perhaps adding some birds.
What do you think about a figure riding the panther? I’ve got a few more plans for the pencil, but overall this is what I’m going for.

Any ideas what lighting or colour schemes would work?

I’d love some advice!

Eli

Landscape looks really good, but a little soft like clay. Make sure your lighting ends up making it look sharper and it’ll be awesome. I would say tone down the displacement on the pencil.

Do you think you want to actually do particle fur on the panthers? It might look a lot nicer. Depends on the style you’re going for, and since you don’t have any renders I can’t really tell.

Looking good though!

suggestion - smoke simulation for waterfall.

I’d use some dof to make the foreground animals little separated from background, but not so much that the waterfall would’ve become too much blurred.