Rigid Body Physics and Follow Path constraint

I have a conveyor belt model with a blue cube following the path. I want to use RBD to allow the blue cube to be tilted when it hits the red cube. It seems that the only way to hive the blue cube follow the path with RBD is to animate it in the physics panel. But then i cant get the blue cube to interact with the red cube. I have a hinge constraint between the blue cube and the conveyor, but it doesn’t seem to work.

First of all, you do not need the “Collision” property while working with rigid bodies. The Collision function is only used along with cloth simulation or particles.

Secondly: a keyframed animation or constraints are “superior” to physics. That means that a collision with another object will not stop the object from moving - at least as I understood it.
But this is the point where Rigid Body constraints comes into play…

Here you go: Conveyor_Belt_(modified).blend (598 KB)

What I did:

• I cleaned up your file (do not feel annoyed!)
  • I renamed your blue cube to “anchor”, this object needs to be a rigid body but will not be needed in the render and therefore I just hid it.
  • I created another cube and set it to the same position as the “anchor”, then I added a rigid body to it.
  • then I selected the “anchor”, shift-selected the new cube and clicked “connect” in the physics tab of the toolbar (left)
  • Below, in the settings, I set the type to “point” (which makes the cube rotatable) and the location to “active” (to control the position)

This procedure created a Rigid body constraint (the green “arrowed” empty).

I hope that is what you are looking for,

LukeV1

Thanks for all your help. When i start the animation on the modified file you posted, the new blue cube just falls down.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]422374[/ATTACH]
This the problem when i tried to use a point constraint.

I deleted the constraint and reappliedit and everything works fine. Thanks again