The Verge

This is a virtual reconstruction of a ruined bridge on the frontier between Portugal and Spain built on the 16th century. I achieved this with the help from the work in progress forum and for that I thank everyone who helped me. Please let me know if there is still something I could have done to improve this.

The modelling was produced on top of the 3D scan of the actual bridge obtained with a drone (GEODRONE).

More info about the bridge in the spanish wikipedia: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puente_de_Ayuda

Created with: Blender and Cycles

Another point of view from the same project.

I really like this. It’s got a good feel to it. Closer shot looks better imo :slight_smile:

Very nice really look amazing could a game scene and if I were you I would put a boat or so under the bridge with a lantern to make a great contrast D: but anyway its really good

Thank you both for your kind words. Oday, I do get what you are suggesting with the boat, it would look cool indeed and I even thought about getting some people on top of the bridge and even did some tests with it. However my idea was to give importance in the scene to the bridge itself, adding other elements would take away the attention of the viewer. So I kept it simple. :slight_smile:

Here is the transition from the 3D scan to the 3D reconstruction model itself:

Nice job! I like the contrast between sunlit bridge and the background. Also nice idea to reconstruct a ruined bridge. It does look a bit too “clean” though. I think it will look more realistic if you make the material a bit more grungy.

And just another render only with the 3D scan obtained via drone (GEODRONE) so you can check how the bridge is today and the foundation of my work.