Realtime 3D comic strip : Snoopy

Hi everyone!

It’s been a while, but here is a project I made in blender recently: a 3D stranslation of a Snoopy comic strip, for realtime NPR rendering!

You can view (read?) it on sketchfab! :

(Original comic strip and characters by Charles Schulz)

Open to comments as always ^^
Cheers :slight_smile:

Attachments

hey is great how you excecute the suggestion I give you!

that awake a lot my interes in made real time scenes with sketch fab, I leave my *5.

that’s right @joseperez I forgot :smiley: thanks alot :slight_smile:

Wow… I hadn’t thought of such a use of Blender. Neat! Really neat.

Very cool, now do calvin and hobbes!

Oh wow, how did you do that?! :slight_smile:
This is really cool.

Awesome creative work! Maybe someday we can read a whole comic book on sketchfab :smiley:

thanks guys :smiley:
@SterlingRoth I thought about it actually :wink:

@Toshi it’s just 3D modelling with shadeless materials, and scaled up models with inverted normals to create the outline ^^ more screen grabs here

@carpetudo Maybe so :smiley:

Wow that’s a really cool idea. Well executed! I’d like to make your original comics with this technique. That would slay.

@ambi thanks :slight_smile: I thought about doing orginal comics, but I thought snoopy would work well to begin with, and also would be more appealing ^^ I’ll probably make more though :wink:

This is great! One minor nitpick I have is the placement of the speech bubble. Seems to far away from me and should be in line with the character. But that is just so I have anything to say other than “awesome!”. :smiley:

Also I second that you should to Calvin & Hobbes. :wink:

Ehm… this could revolutionize the comics. Just imagine if marvel did 3d comics. All the actions but keeping the traditional format.

@unluccy Thanks for the correction, I’ll try to fix that asap :slight_smile:
Calvin & Hobbes will be next, promise :wink:

@bigbad I agree! Although I wonder if it would be a good option for publishers, 3D modelling an entire marvel comics would probably be very expansive!
It would be cool to see 3D comics reader apps emerge though ^^

Very cool!!!..