Cycles - GPU performance question.

Hello!
I am very, very new user of Blender and I am very excited about it.

As one of the first steps I tried to compare performance of my computer to the other users.
I’ve installed Blender 2.76b on my Windows 10 x64bit and run some Cycles benchmarks (BMW benchmark and Barcelona Pavillion) and compared it with data in spreadsheets. I’ve discovered that my GPU results are significantly worse than most of users with the same GPU.

My PC:
CPU: 4930K
GPU: GTX 580 3GB

My results for GPU:
BMW 00m:59s (most users around 00m:40s)
Barcelona Pavillion 04m:08s (most users around 02m:36s)

What I am missing?:slight_smile:

Ensure you are using the gpu

I’ve discovered that my GPU results are significantly worse than most of users with the same GPU.

Same GPU and same CPU etc ? Were you using the same blender version used in those other benchmarks ?

Are you using the latest graphic drivers and CUDA for your GPU?

Thank you for answers!

I am using almost latest NVIDIA drivers, but I’ll do some tests with the latest in near future.
Should I install something more than standard NVIDIA Graphics drivers? Something extra for CUDA?

It was hard to find exact same configuration as mine (same GPU&CPU on board) so I focused on GPU comparison, just assuming my CPU isn’t bottleneck for GPU performance. And also benchmarks shown that my CPU performance is as it should be.

I was using newest Blender edition, I assumed that it should be faster than older versions, or am I wrong?
In few days I’ll try do some test on the same machine but with linux on-board.