Required help for eyes modeling

Hi,
I need help to add eyes to my model. The problem is that my model’s head is rounded, and when I try to add eyes, it looks fine from the front view, but when I look at it from the side view, the eyes are popping out. You can see the eye ball half outside.

Do you have any suggestions to how to make eyes for these model?

*I have the file saved before I started with the eyes, so the head is just rounded

You have a few options.

You could go for button eyes like you’d find on some teddy-bears. That way you don’t need to change the roundness of the head or delete any faces. You could also do half-marble eyes which would be the same as buttons just more spherical.

If you look at characters like ‘Ted’, they have recessed eye-sockets but no holes are made and the cheekbone areas and bridge of the nose are represented (so not completely round). That would require you to change the shape of the head somewhat.

Hope you figure it out!

That’s something I was thinking about doing, but it seems that there are no guides to making those kind of eyes (or at least I can’t find one). Do you have any suggestions or a guide I can see an example of?

Or you could just move the eyes themselves into the head a bit more so they follow the shape of the head (and the eyelids).

are they going to be animated?

Yes, I want to animate it eventually.

That’s something I was thinking about doing, but it seems that there are no guides to making those kind of eyes (or at least I can’t find one). Do you have any suggestions or a guide I can see an example of?

Not off the top of my head but a button should be pretty easy to model. Just use a reference image and get the shape down. Then you could add some thread through the holes; just some bezier curves set to full and beveled. If you aren’t sure how to model something like a button try watching some modeling techniques tutorials that aren’t project-based. They’ll teach you the tools and you can figure it out for yourself!

Yes, I want to animate it eventually.

Yes, eventually I want to animate it.

animating flat eyes causes complications. I am not sure how others do it, but the pupil/iris would need to slide along the outer surface of the eye, conforming to it as the slope changed beneath it. One way to do it is to animate the offset of a texture, so no actual geometry needs to be animated.