Is there the best tutorial video or guide for .....?

3D head model or person

I am not sure about which one is it for latest version of Blender.

I’d subscribe to cg cookie and do the https://cgcookie.com/course/art-of-sculpting/ courses then do the re-topology courses. I’m still getting the hang of it myself but I have the technical side down, it’s more the artistic side I need work on :slight_smile:

Personally I love the sculpt first re-topology after workflow otherwise there is just too much to think about, forget about the geometry concentrate on the art for the sculpting, focus on the correct edge flows etc. once you have the sculpt down. Others approach it differently.

Both of those are pretty blender version agnostic even if the vids are a little old the core tools have not changes that much and it’s more about getting the workflow correct than anything.

There are loads of free vids some are excelent some are terrible but for the sake of a couple of beers a month I’d rather at least know I’m gong to get to the end of hours of training which something that works.

There is no “best” tutorial because each artists has his/her own way.

Though i should add that tutorial artists with knowledge on anatomy may have better tutorials for the head and body on models that are going to be animated.

It all comes down to how fast and easy it is to model, watch a few tutorials and then incorporate the techniques that you feel most comfortable with into your own.

To Umii: Thank you for that one. I am going to check it out.

To DCBloodHound: My friend and I want to work on 3D head. That’s why I need to know if there is one for the latest version of Blender.

This is one of my favorites on the best list :stuck_out_tongue:

Creating a Realistic Head in Blender by Kent Trammell

• Part 1
  • Part 2
  • Part 3
  • Part 4
  • Part 5
  • Part 6
  • Part 7
  • Part 8
  • Part 9a
  • Part 9b
  • Part 10

And here are zipped CGCookie Archives: Creating a Realistic Head in Blender

Do they tell you hotkeys too?

I am struggling with pulling from sphere into neck or jaw. You can see 4:15 to 4:20 length in this video.

Do they tell you hotkeys too?

oooh… it’s a bit more advanced… should already know how to basically use the tools in blender