Makehuman uv map issues

Hi guys and gals
So I have a makehuman model but i have unwrapped the head and given it its own material but the ghost of the original layout is still interferring and vice versa how can i seperate the two completely here is an image of the issue

In this image i have been into edit mode and only selected the head then switched to texture mode and suddenly the body from the original import uv is all over it help please what can i do. I tried a different non makehuman model and have the same issue .

So i tried cutting thje head off the model and appling it to a different body but it does the same thing once i join the objects.

Here in edit mode you can see i have selected head applied a new material and uvunwrapped(poorly) to the map.

But when i go into texture mode it once again shows a body this time the new addition hiow do i keep them seperate?

With “them” you mean the UV maps of the body and the head, I think.
In this case you should add a second UV map for the head:

• Select your geometry
  • go to the Object Data tab (the three vertices)
  • add another UV map (click the “+”)

Then unwrap your head to the new UV map (which must be selected in the UV Maps panel)

To make use of your second UV map in your material setup you need an input/UV Map node. Here you select your “head” UV map.

Yea i had already unwrapped the head thats why i am confused as to why they are appearing on the same map still. They do not effect each other but it still annoying .