Framerate Slows Animation(even at 60FPS)

I just worked on an simple run animation(still in the works), but when I play the animation, the frame-rate is extremely slow for some reason. The model is just around 4000 tris. My other model has the same amount of tries, but that one had no probs at all. I dont know what the prob is with it, but if anyone could help me solve the issue, I’d be most grateful.

Attachments

Sandy Remake.blend (3.28 MB)

Looks fine to me. If you’re running blender with a debug flag (-d in path) you may get lower fps (I got 4 fps instead of 60).

Oh ok. How do I run it without the debug flag.

I mean, you should be running it without the debug flag by default. You can check your blender shortcut and make sure it doesn’t have -d in the path after blender.exe.

I don’t know if anything else is wrong with your file since it seems to be working fine for me.

And here is the Blender Shortcut? Sorry if thats a real dumb question if its a obvious one, but do I need to right click on the Blender icon?

Depending on your hardware, I’ve found that animation playback Is just pretty slow in blender. At least that’s me with my ATI card from 6 years ago.

If you don’t know about the debug flag, i doubt you even have it on, unless you are using a more intermediate user’s program settings.

Personally, I have a relatively simple textured character around 3-4k with few keyframes and stepped tangents. It’s uses the pitchi poy rig with a bind rig attached to it which weights the mesh. It’s not THAT big of a deal yet it runs under 10 fps which is crap, let’s be honest. But in fairness I still have yet to ask on the forums with my specs how i can get everything working correctly.

The best I’ve been able to do is make sure open CL is on, and to have only the bare minimum editor windows open in the animation screen. You could try that and see if it helps you.

But I have an idea people with Nvidia cards have it better.

Anyhow someone PLEASE feel free to correct me, I do want to be proven wrong haha.

Yes, if you have one. If you don’t have one it’s obvious you don’t have debugging enabled. You right click the shortcut, then look in the Target: field.

When I play back the animation with debug open I get a bunch of errors every frame which I have no idea what they mean. I don’t know if that’s the problem though. You could try saving a backup and try cleaning keyframes and channels by selecting everything in the dopesheet, then Key, then the commands.