How to delete armature after applying

Hi,

I often create human figures with armature in MakeHuman, export, then import into Blender. I then pose the figure the way I want it. After that, I want to delete the armature so I can fine-tune the figure’s mesh. However, deleting the armature is always a trial and error process (for me anyway). Upon deleting the armature, the figure either vanishes along with the bones, or the bones vanish, and the figure loses its pose, or, if I finally hit the right combo of moves, the bones vanish, and the figure retains the pose but automatically becomes about 100 times bigger than the original… all this even after applying location, rotation, scale. I’ve searched for quite some time trying to find the exact steps required to remove the armature after apply the figure’s pose, and can’t find anything. I’m really puzzled by why it’s so complicated deleting the armature after applying. Can someone please provide a link to the steps, or provide them here? Thanks very much!

Which format do you use to export / import from makehuman to blender?

I have just confirmed a quick check and it worked fine:

• Imported the character(using the mhx2 exchange format)
  • tweaked the bones
  • clicked “apply” in the armature modifier settings of the character
  • deleted the armature (just pressed x)

The pose is still there, the geometry is not changed…

OMG, I wish it was that easy. I use the mhx2 exchange format also. I have no idea why my imports are so troublesome. Seems every time I end up having to find a different method to delete the bones. Yesterday, I tried again, using “unlink” which normally does nothing, but yesterday it worked and I was able to eliminate the rig with ease. I will keep keep trying for a reliable method. Maybe I’m just doing some little thing incorrectly. Thanks very much for your reply.

Which Version of Makehuman do you use?
I am using a nightly build of Makehuman (which is almost the 1.10 version) and
this import addon

I’m going to make sure I have the latest Makehuman and add, and see how it goes. Thanks so much.