hair collide with emitter suggestion for the next blender version.

Can you make it avaivable to make hairparticles collide with emittermesh? And to have the ability to start hair dynamic animation to forexample on frame -100?

And to have the ability to start hair dynamic animation to forexample on frame -100?
You can already. Bake with a negative start frame

I ment starting timeline from frame 0, and set the time the hair begin simulating to forexample -100 so that the simulation doesnt start from frame 0 but on frame forexample -100.

Do we really need a thread for this? Imagine the mess we had when everybody created wish threads. Such “I’d like to have”-kind of threads aren’t really helpful either.

Ok. Sorry if i maked you angry.

No, all fine, you didn’t :slight_smile: I’m just a bit disappointed that if we ask users to work on some comprehensive proposals, all we get is pages of “I want to have this” and “Why don’t you add this?” comments. It’s exactly the opposite of what we wanted.

Richard Marklew answered this. The cache starts at -100 and all you have to do is bake the hair for the frames needed. Baking the hair allows to calculate movement of each parent strand. This allows full control how your hair behaves on your specified frames. Once this is baked, you can save these caches individually. If this is for a character I recommend that all animation is done before baking hair dynamics. Just remember that if you bake it then it is final for that set of frames until you free the bake.