Problem with Weights with Side Hair

Hey Guys

I started remodel and redoing a rig for one of my characters and I been having probs with rigging the sides of her hair. When I move the head in pose mode, everything moves along just fine, but when I try to pose the side side of the model, they are off.

When I try to pose them, they dont go up and down like I want them to, but get smaller.

Also, when I pose the head, some access vertices are ticking out for some reason and I selected everything in the mesh and weight everything down.

If anyone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. It is the only things I need to get fix before this rig is completely finished.

Attachments

Sandy Remake.blend (3.59 MB)

Vertices assigned to Hair1.* and HairBack don’t need to be all assigned to Head, as their control bones move with the head bone. I removed those vertices from Head, save for the ones near to the head.

Those stray vertices are not assigned to any bone. They are also causing a lot of overlapping faces, so you should clean that area.

I figured it out, I had to manually select certain parts to get the effect I want:)