I need some help

Hello! recently i have been using bge and messing around with a model i made. I had the idea to make just a small enclosed area to run around in, only trouble is that the character won’t react to the ground. The dynamics settings arn’t working, and any way i try to get the character to move up at a slope, won’t work.

Any help is appreciated!

file below:https://www.filepicker.io/api/file/YkNTghBZSyuhYnP03QtU

Working on it. Seems like a simple collision logic puzzle. You just want it to climb stairs essentially, correct?

Note: The code so far looks, sloppy to say the least. Do you mind if I completely revamp it? I could spend 6 hours fixing what you have, or I could finish a lot quicker with an easier to use system.

Further note: Ok, looked more at your game… I suggest you start out with either A: a simple 2d game making software, such as game maker, or the more code-heavy greenfoot, OR B: Study low-poly art.

The way you have made your code and models will really not get you far. I suggest you study a bit before trying to make a game in blender. And while it is possible to make a 2d-platformer in blender, that really isn’t what it was design for, thus you would run into a fair number of road-blocks. Like I said, try using another program, or study a lot more.

Just some pointers one what you do have: The level is WAY to high-poly for what it is. subdividing the cube into a million tiny squares is OK so long as you clean it up later. As it is right now, if you had a proper collision mesh for it, you would require a high-end gaming PC to run it. Also, normally, it is best to have the player move, and have the camera parented to the player, rather than move the terrain. That trick is only used for extremely minimalist code-based games.

Yes, just being able to climb the stairs. Feel free to completely revamp it.

Um, I don’t know if you saw my “further note”… but what I was trying to say is that your project is unworkable. You went about doing just about everything wrong. I am sorry to say that I can’t really fix it.