Hurt

Inspired by things that really happen in the world…

I like it, but I have a suggestion: use smoke simulator to add clouds of blood.

Make it more effective. Add blood.

As an example.

You definitely got the emotion going here, cause it made me feel sick, and we call them the animals. Disgusted by this type of thing.

Shaun

Hi, thank you very much for your comments!
I added an other layer of blood with gimp but I don’t really know if it looks good. I’m not sure about how much it’s saturated since it’s diluted blood and if this kind of cloud layer can be appropriate to simulate blood in water ^^ But the wounds don’t look dry like in the first image.

Speed7: Yes, that’s disgusting. And I’m happy to have managed to convey emotion through this image, because it really shocked me when I first heard about it

it’s kind of subtle but it gets the idea across…looks good.

This is atrocious, but most of the times they cut the tail too. In your case we wouldn’t be able to tell that it’s a shark without the tail, though.
Maybe you could make its head more lifelike, especially its teeth :

You could also make its nose more pointy and add some sharpness to the sides of its head.

Also it seems the ground is not smooth shaded, the edges of the quads are sharp.

Maybe you could show this to a shark protection organization, they may be interested in using it for a campaign for raising awareness or something (provided you would give it some improvements). Even if they don’t use it I think they’d like to see when people do this kind of artwork.

Here’s an idea : How about using this as a reverse movie cover of “Jaws”, with the word “Saws” instead, (they really use saws sometimes).

To add more impact, you could also show the shadow of the ship darkening the top of the image, maybe with a fishing net slipping in the frame.
But if you add this kind of stuff, you may want to widen the whole frame.

Do more of this kind of artwork ! (not necessarily atrocious but you get the point)