MeshMolder Beta 2.0 released!! Download available!!

New Digital Sculpting and Paint freeware software, save in .ply format and loading in Blender:

:yes:

New tools are always great, and I know you shouldn´t go by programmer art (unless it´s Ofer Alon), but the gallery is a bit of a put off :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, but because artists does not forward their work to be posted in the gallery…and freeware is freeware.
:eyebrowlift2:

Well…it’s nice that we get more free stuff but eh…

Look I’m just going to say it,

some of the gallery images look so… mediocre.

No offense of course

Thanks for the info. Will check it out soon.

There is a long way for this tool to become usable, but great start. On a side note, why not joing blender sculpting development?

regards

Is there any guarantee that after collecting beta testers and the software gets better, it will continue to be free? (At least for the betatesters :slight_smile: )

“The software will always be free and available on this page” http://www.meshmolder.com/about.html

Oh, I should have read the “ABOUT”.

Anyway, Is not OpenSource, right?. (I can’t find the code license)
So, what happens if the author stops development and just continues a non free version with a different name?. Will we stay without new free program and without code, just the old beta free software?
Anyway, I do not want to be unfair only with this software. It is an issue related to any non Open Source software.

Good luck with the project and try not to sell it to big companies when it gets better.

Absolutely, and I plan to give it a spin once I get home :slight_smile:

So I tried it out, and it was pretty much unusable on my system, trying to sculpt on the male basemesh.

Similar here, the program works, the menu and options seems to works but the actual sculpting does not seem to work , the cursor does not seem to follow the mesh and pressing my mouse to make strokes make sometime a little bump , but nothing else.
Maybe it’s broken or is not compatible with my system, but there’s no error message telling anyways.

It looks like this program is using a multires sculpting method, unlike Sculptris or Dyntopo that use a dynamic topology one.
Will see if it improves with time to check if it’s a good one for me.

I think it is better to focus on 1 software, Blender is a good option here. making another software that do less than other free is not a good choice and time management. being a big community and helping a good and free software to grow is much wiser choice.
Hope to see more developer work and help Blender.

sounds good in theory, but people must be allowed to experiment and do their own projects. Not all people are comfortable working in groups for instance, some make software as part of a thesis, some as a way to learn how to program.

The decimator/Mesh simplification part could be if wisely made, the selling point of this App.

It’s not dynamic topology…you have subdivide several times to modeling smooth…try three times to smooth modeling…:eyebrowlift2::yes:

Try subdivision…this is not dynamic topology…how Mudbox Software

apreciate that, but it´s still very choppy, the brush previews sometimes don´t follow along the mouse. It was extremely hard to get any refinement in…

The software was update and the grab tool fixed…download again and help me with your feedback.

:eek::smiley:

FREEWARE!!!

http://www.meshmolder.com/download.html