Do you guys know the most active places to sell my 3D assets?

I’m making a blender movie. I think I get more budget for it if I sell the assets used in it.

My colleagues recommended me turbosquid but the assets in there looks so professional. I’m looking for indie type sites where I can sell my assets for a cheap price. Unity Asset Store was mentioned too and I see it’s very active but that’s for games though.

Turbosquid.

yeah it looks intimidating… it is but…

Really there are three sides of a triangle on selling your models

1.Low royalties
2.Little competition
3.Exposure

Turbo squid happens to be 1 and 3

3D ocean is the only one with little competition, however their royalties are just…
nonsense.

I am a student specializing in visual effects and render pipeline work, so I don’t always have time to create assets myself. When I do buy assets I pretty much do a google search and pick the one that works the best at the price my budget can afford. I think that this is how most people buy assets. So you’re kind of going to be competing with the entire world, including creative commons and public domain assets.

Turbo Squid is the only one I routinely come into contact with, so I think it’s probably the best place. But your competition is going to be huge no matter where you end up, because again, when I’m looking for an asset I use type in “google.com”, not any one specific provider.

If you’re really into selling stuff, look for specific items that aren’t being met. One thing I am having a lot of trouble with are everyday cars. I can get a Aston Martin or Farrari pretty easily; In fact, sports cars are SO common I probably wouldn’t have to pay for one. But this doesn’t help me much. I can’t make a realistic street scene filled with supercars! Finding a damn Prius is nearly IMPOSSIBLE, nevermind an entire city’s worth.

This kind of brings me to the next point. Most people who are buying assets can model, so they’re going to be buying assets that will be too time consuming to model themselves. I think one unmet need are packs of assets. Going back to cars, it’d be great to have a pack of fifteen, ready made everyday vehicles (i’m sure this exists somewhere).

Another issue I run into on turbosquid is that I don’t really know what I’m getting before I buy it. So it’d be REALLY nice to be able to see topology, UV layout and an animation sequence demo, as well as knowing in what software the model was rigged. FBX is a great starting point and saves a lot of time, but doesn’t always translate right.

Yeah FBX and OBJ are popular formats. I just heard pf Blender Market and Game Dev Marketplace. Yes I should make a pack instead of individual models like furniture pack, mushrooms pack, plant pack and anything that will save the creator’s time.