Cyberpunk style scenery

So the purpose behind this was to create a disguised 3d art gallery, but for 2d illustrations. The illustrations are displayed in the form of advertisements. So it’s a gallery for 2d illustrations ive done, but it comes in the form of a diorama. Would love all criticisms.

WARNING, the scene is fairly resource intensive.

You forgot some information on its publication.

1. Where are you going to use it?
  2. How will you use it?
  3. What is the purpose of the gallery? share your 2D artwork? show everyone their 3D skills?
  4. It will be something interactive?
  5. What kind of interaction?
  6. This will be a background image to a standard website?
  7. It will be printed and pasted on a wall or something?

This is my first question, because you say that this is a gallery, so it will be shown somewhere and somehow, if you answer us where and how you intend using your project we can give you better suggestions.

On your modeling and texture skills:

Your wireframe is really heavy, so if you are hoping to use it on a website you will have some problems, and this problem will be even bigger if you have a version for mobile phone, then reduce the polygon count and let the texture and normal maps do some lighting tricks is a more appropriate way
The texture is only OK because it is a stylized artwork.

The light is a little bit dark, but I don’t know if this is part of the project or if it’s something related to the plugin.

About your art:

It’s pretty cool for the audience that enjoy this kind of art, but in a general way when you deal with people who don’t know what is cyber punk, or are not animation or 3D game fans, it will not do sense and can end up confusing the message that you want to share.

I love the moon (or sun), pretty nice touch.

I honestly don’t understand what are the blocks with red rectangles floating in the scenario, to deal with a general public, you may should follow a trend found in films like Total Recall (2012), something attached to the floor would be more appropriate, anyone is able to recognize a street, buildings and this create a familiar felling with your artwork. But as I said it is better to explain a little more what you want with this scenario.

I would love to explain more.

The motivation behind this is to create set of primitives from which the user can create many similar structures. The purpose of it isn’t really designed to be dedicated for a single thing. Ultimately it would be nice to see refined aspects of it in multiple formats, like different pbr render systems available. As for the heaviness of the mesh. You are correct. The heaviness is partially due to a density test for sketchfab it’s self. The idea was to just measure the texture density a couple sets of 4k textures and half a millionish polys. I think with a half million poly limit I could create scenes on this scale that are much larger and repeatable.

The only thing this project is being used for at the moment is exactly just as an art gallery. It’s just a diorama right now. It doesn’t really have an articulated purpose right now, but if it’s something that gets feedback, I would love to develop it into some kind of tool that could go towards multiple purposes. I would be happy to develop it out further if you’d like to see more of it?

For this stage I think this job is really just concept art. Would you be interested in seeing a much larger, refined scene, in this style, designed to preform well? I really want an excuse to make something to push the limits in sketchfab. I think I’m getting addicted to playing with it. This is just a stopping point for this project, see what people think. I can use it for many different things.

Yes i like to see it finished but you’re forgeting something about the sketchfab limits, it’s the visitor computer limits, I tryed to open one Dragon Ball scene on I5 2200 (great grandfather from i5 series), 24G of ram and a NVidia 7400 1g dd5 (my crap computer) and I couden’t, beucase the mesh was extremely high (probably a zbrush export with 4 to 5 subdivisions), so you need to think in people that have low profile computers or crap internet connection when you develop a final version of your artwork.

So go ahead and finish ^^

LOL

My friend, I would love to finish it, but I gotta have a reason to make all that. I will probably only work on it more if someone had use for it.

If you could suggest to me some limits, I’d be happy to recreate it within those limits. Or performance standards. But theres gotta be a use for it! I would love to make something for unity or ue4 or whatever engine, so long as lots of people can use it. There’s alot of smaller games engines coming out on steam as well. But for this project at the here and now, yes it’s super high poly, and dense, its really just sketchfab concept art. I would love a reason to develop it out more but I lack one sadly. It was just a way to show off some 2d projects on holo signs and throw some friends some nods. Feedback is hard to get though, its odd trying to go look for it. Most people just say things like oh thats nice. If you had a use for this, I would possibly develop it more for you. All in all i just wanted to be graded on visual appeal, and not so much the design of the design, ie polycounts performance ect. You are correct that the topology isnt designed to be useful other than to look at, and even that is really only meant for other designers with nice pc’s to load.

I had no idea that was an issue with people who use these forums but i seems to keep coming up. I will have to keep that in mind for future posts.

Do you accept a “I dare you”? lol

It’s a pretty nice artwork but I can’t give you a decent reason, you can develop a interactive web game and sell your work or something like that, but thats the reason I can give you.

Maybe a interactive comic book, when the user click on something or choose something things change, like Telltale games.

I would do the art for it, if someone else was willing to make it usable for everyone for free. Like import it into unity as a set or make a ue4 blueprint, ect. Not to make money, but to add to peoples libraries.

I’m glad people like the style, thats what i was unsure about I’m definitely gonna use the style more. I can never predict what people will like, Some things I like, no one likes, but then something I was kinda meh about gets a bunch of attention. I don’t really understand the formula yet T_T

Share .obj files, so everyone can import/export stuff without problems, just avoid .fbx and closed file formats, i’ts a hell of a job to fix this kind of problems inside Blender and another applications, it’s also a good ideia create a deviantart profile for sharing, you also can get more replies in there.

If someone could do that every song would be a hit and every movie a blockbuster…

And everyone will be the same