desert rider

hey everyone,

here is my new project i have done for university.

the topic was: creatures - tuned by steampunk

everything done in blender, rendered with cycles, post in krita.

i’m looking forward to your comments.

here’s a link to the high res. image:

Attachments

1 Like

Model, texturing, lighting, grading, posing - 9/10 GREAT

Why are you obscuring your work so much with DOF/tilt shift?
It deserves to be seen clearly.

The only piece where it should be blurred is the distant BG + maybe some desert mirage effect.

Incredible. I love the desaturated colour pallet, it’s rarely done now and you’ve pulled it off really well. Worthy of the top row.

@AdamTM, I Totally agree with you.

Everything seems almost perfetct, but the DOF makes it look like minature figures.

Truly great work all around, but you really don’t appreciate how nice this is, until you click on the image to see the larger view. I do feel that you should consider doing some different camera angles renders with maybe some closeups on the “engine”

But now that I thought more about it.
Was it wanted? Because the miniature look somehow makes sense if you take into account that the woman is riding on a lizard.

It looks super cool, and the texturing is well done. Being the owner of a lizard, I think your lizard is very well done and lifelike!

The tree in background says it’s a big lizard.

Nice work. Bravo :).

outstanding modeling! really cool concept too :smiley:

Great work @frequenzloss. Excellent modeling!
The landscape is very realistic and the lizard is awesome (specially its skin). :slight_smile:

And like Jeepster, I loved the idea/concept of the image.

I just think you shouldn’t have used the DOF effect so much… The characters look like mininatures.

thanks for your nice words…

i used the DOF intentionally to play with sizes of the separate objects… to make the observer wonder, whether the lizard or the woman has the right scale. maybe i’ll render a version with less DOF, we will see:)

i also added a link to the high res. image in the first post.

Very good.

It didn’t work. It’s a huge lizard.

Can you render one without dof?

Amazing work… very well done.

Really cool work, congratulations :slight_smile:

great work, very nice details

This is wonderful.

Steve S

Fantastic!
Great imagination, and the skill to realize your ideas.

Awesome work! The lizard is just simply amazing.