Video effects/animation

Hi. I’m trying to add a cartoon/animated effect to a video, but can’t find any tools in the video editor in blender. Any tips on how to create this effect?

I’m trying to add a cartoon/animated effect to a video
These types of vague statements can mean 1001 different things to 1001 different people. Please be specific on exactly what is in your mind, supply examples and what source material you are working with, live footage, rendered animation etc etc etc

I’m thinking of adding a scanner darkly/comic book effect to live footage.

Thank you! I’ve found a couple effects that I could use potentially.

Thank you! I found a couple I was interested in. How do I load the blend file in blender, though?

Open blender, then use the blender file menu to “open” the .blend file you have downloaded. Make sure that it isn’t in a zip folder.

Awesome, thank you! I’m using the blobby screen blend, is there a way to add color to it?

Awesome! Thank you. I’m using the Blobby blend, is there a way to add color to it? Or no?

You could split the colour out with a keyer node then apply the blobby or use a simple screen effect over it to colour the outlines.

I’ll give that a shot! Sorry about the double posts.

No problem, it would be cool to see a frame of your result :wink:

I can take a screenshot when it’s more polished lol. How do I use the keyer node/simple screen exactly? Is there a tutorial I could read or watch on it?

Any tips on how to use key/simple screen node?

Sorry for the delay, this looks to be a good tutorial covering keying and masking in Blender.