Tighten elastic cloth?

Is it possible to set a cloth as an elastic that is already stretched so that when we start the simulation, the cloth shrinks/tightens ?

The idea would be to have an easy way to create cloth by extracting geometry from a body and tighten it.
Why tighten it if it’s already on the skin you ask ?

Because a tighten cloth doesn’t touch the skin everywhere, instead, the fabric tries to have the smallest area, or the strings try to follow the shortest path.
Illustration with this bikini I’m modeling :

/uploads/default/original/4X/2/e/7/2e7f81fa302571c135fdc520bae9b033e64aae34.jpgstc=1

This specific part would be easy to fix by hand but some others are more complicate, and the overall look would be more realistic with the elastic cloth simulation.

And we can have more complex clothes. First to pop in my mind :

/uploads/default/original/4X/f/5/9/f59ea59d7e56a475c8a34f63d57e2879ddba9343.jpgstc=1

Imagine :

• extract geometry from body
  • grow it so that i doesn’t touch the skin
  • start simulation

and boom here’s your cloth !

Is that possible ?

Wait, I could just scale up the body in time like Ginormica !

I just have to set the right parameters for the sim and then I’ll show you the result if it works.

So I made it work with Maya’s cloth sim because with Blender the cloth went completely crazy when the model was growing and I tried tweaking many parameters but got no good result.

But as you can see Maya handled it pretty well. We just have to wait until Blender’s cloth simulator gets more stable (or maybe find the right parameters to tweak.