Need help with simulation model

Hi,I am making some kind of wheel of fortune simulation and I would need some help for which I am willing to pay.Here is a model that I’ve made so far:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9VZBPFdqwtfMGdKZ191SllpeW8/view?usp=sharing"Stick" moving must be as realistic as possible (of course also everything must look nice, but this is second phase…). As you can notice my model has some problems, sometimes stick falls through “handles” and when wheel is rotating slowly it goes into handles.I would need help of someone who can make me a model from scratch (I will give you pictures how it should look like) or at least help me fix my model physics.Preferred is flexible stick (as on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VA0NEVopuo&ab_channel=TonyOCreations). I don’t know how to make it, that is why I’ve made non-flexible on pivot.

Hey Bl3ndy,

From what you’ve said I think there’s a simple solution, to increase the temporal and spatial accuracy of the simulation.

Temporal: Increase number of steps per second. As this is done by real time and not blender times, the number of frames per second are irrelevent. You can increase this in the World settings under ‘Rigid Body World’.

Spatial: You can get the physics engine to calculate collisions based upon your mesh instead of a convex shape. This can be done in the individual objects under ‘Rigid Body Collisions.’

Both of these will cause the simulation to bake slower, but it only has to be done one.

Hopefully this helps,
Samuel

I’ve been playing with all relevant parameters on both colliding objects for more than one day without success. I’ve been changing mesh shape and source, sensitivity margin, surface response, rigid body world parameters and nothing worked.At the end I’ve managed to get it to working quite nice by changing collision objects. I’ve simplified both objects to only a few faces hide them, and use them only for simulation. Then I’ve added copy location and rotation constraints on original, nicer version of object.I’ve also got contact of one member who will help me working on the model.