(NEED HELP) Making Unique Audio Visualizer (UNDER DEADLINE)

I desperately need help, I have a deadline to meet and at this rate I’ll never get it done in time. I’m making an audio visualizer with multiple bars, of 3 different lengths, rotating around a single point. What I figure I need to do is take a sample of one sample bar from each of the 3 groups of bars and duplicate them to a different layer (where I can manipulate them and Bake them to different audio frequencies) BUT I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO DO THAT.So as you can see I’m DESPERATE, I need this animation done under a month so I would LOVE some help and feedback.If you need reference pictures I will gladly supply them, I also have the raw file of the 3d model, Thank you for your help:D

Attachments

Yomashi Hologram.blend (827 KB)

What is your exact problem?

• Baking sound to objects?
  • Baking different frequencies to different objects?

How should it look like?

• the planes should be scaled by the music?
  • the bars should rotate based on the music?
  • the planes should change their height based on the music?

For some general information about animating with sound in blender, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAes-ITNaGA
If you are also interested in a scripted solution, check this tutorial: https://cgcookie.com/archive/building-an-audio-visualizer-in-python/

LukeV1

Thank you for responding,OK so the planes that you see are supposed to fan out to the top of the small circle (which I will call the projector) from a top down view. Each one is supposed to scale up and down pumping to the sound of music or audio in general. What I’m trying to do is put 1 sample of the 3 different sizes into a separate layer where I can manipulate them to pump up and down without disturbing the other layer kind of like in this video for example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCPolilNO_E As you can see from 2:46 onward he is baking the sound and actions on a completely different layer with out disturbing the position of the spheres. but he does it in particle effects While I just want to tie the command to each plane. I know this is probably confusing so if you have any questions then I will gladly give you my skype name and we can talk tomorro TY

If I get you right you want a “control layer” where the sound is baked to an example object. And then append its motion to your actual “render layer” objects (your layer 1).

Furthermore you want to scale the “example object” according to the music. Therefore add a keyframe to the scale of your “example object”, go to the graph editor, select the axes you want to scale (in your case X and Y) and bake the sound to it.
To append the motion to your final planes, just use the “copy scale” constraint.

YES, That’s EXACTLY what I need, Some sort of control layer. I’ve tried making one before but every time I duplicate my object to another layer and moved it or tampered with it, it messes it up on the other layer. So I don’t know how to go about this. Is there a way we could set up a time to Skype if you have it cause I need to be walked through this or something? Anyway thank you for helping it means a lot to me.

Unfortunately I have only little time (answering this in school already), but right now I have some time: the following should help to solve the problem:

• you said that changes on your “control layer” messing up your “render layer”.

This is simple to solve: you have your “control objects” (the duplicated ones) enabled to show up on both layers, the render and the control layer. To solve that select your control object(s) again, press “m” and set the box only at the second layer.

• Now bake your sound to the control object

To to so, set a keyframe to the scale of the object. Then split your view and choose for the new view the Graph editor. In here (with your control object still selected) select the X and Y axes (by holding shift) and then in the lower menu bar klick on Key/Bake Sound to F-curves. Choose your music, perhaps change their frequency range, and klick “Bake Sound to F-curves”.

• If you play your animation now, the control object is scaling to the music.
  • The next step is copying the movement to the “render objects”.

Therefore go back to layer 1 and select ONE object, go to the constraints tab (chain symbol) and add a “copy scale” constraint. Select as target your “controller object”.

• If you play your animation, the “render object” should scale to the music as well.

• Repeat the constraint procedure to all the other “render objects” which are needed to be scaled

Additionally I included a modified version of your uploaded blend file. Together with the above explanation it should help you to understand what I am trying to explain :slight_smile:

Yomashi_Hologram_(modified).blend (1.12 MB)

LukeV1

There you go if you re confused check your private message

Attachments

Yomashi Hologram ANIMATED RESIZED2.blend (1.37 MB)