Spaceship Cockpit/Shell for Google Cardboard VR Tour: Trade for GC Viewer

Greetings spacefaring 3D artist gurus,
I work as part of the marketing team at the Space Foundation (non-profit), often volunteering my spare time to further push forward efforts that inspire others (as I am now).

I’m pitching a Google Cardboard project to my team, offering a virtual reality tour of the solar system, used at potential events and community engagement efforts. So far I’ve made great progress on setting the functional stage with “cubes in space!”. After banging my head against the wall for a few days, I was able to apply anti-aliasing (and other) nice effects in a stereo view (combining several open projects). This will soon be contributed back to the three.js community as example code once I clean it up, resolving some challenges others have had.

I can handle the scene, the planets, the music, the narration. I’m just sucking at the spaceship that one flies around the solar system in. This bad:

My wife just said, “The lantern is upside down.” :spin:

My pitch to you:
Make me a cool low poly ship shell and cockpit that will be used to view the solar system and beyond from within. If it gets used in the app I want to make (even if just the pitch I make to my team), I’ll mail you this Google Cardboard viewer as my thanks. It’s not much, but it’s cool! I can only afford to send one viewer to one person of course.

Think “Ship of the Imagination” from the recent COSMOS series. I don’t need ship controls. I don’t really even need a seat (depends on your design preference). I want lots of window space to view almost 360 in all directions. There can be some coverage of course, especially in the back. A cool ship shell shape would be great. Textures are also optional. I could apply solid colored reflective surfaces if simple enough. I do need a place where I can project a screen to help illustrate narrative info (but it could be a holo-projection, so no terminal screen is needed. Bonus: Some animation of the visible ship exterior (if applicable) happening as the ship jumps or accelerates to the next solar system destination would rock (optional).

What do you think? Worth some time? I totally appreciate your efforts in advance, and would be excited to see this project move past upside down lantern!

P.M. sent.

Hey all,
I just wanted to follow up on this. A local artist and volunteer caught on to my project and made an excellent space ship (even includes cup holder!). He has been given the VR viewer and has boosted this project greatly.

Thanks all for taking a look!

The ship:

Now I just need to figure out how to bake the lighting in cycles into a texture (getting some odd errors, will post separately if I can’t figure it out)