Eve in Eden

Ik liked miedival art and saw several paintings. This made me wonder how Adam would have seen Eve. So I created this image

tree is found here http://www.blenderguru.com/tutorials/make-grassy-meadow-scene/
grass is found here http://www.blenderguru.com/tutorials/make-grassy-meadow-scene/

There still a plastic look&feel over the image. I am not quite satisfied with the skin. Still a bit to “Barbie” end facial expression is to flat. But overall is good enough for now.

Well, it is hard to talk about something so noisy and small. Try uploading a better resolution and increase the samples…

However, from the first glance, the grass seems to be the biggest problem… Seriously, what’s up with that grass? :smiley:

Other than that, I like the idea and the composition, while little flat, seems OK as well, so bottom line, upload better image and I will be looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Hi Adam,

thnks for the reply. Here is a new version. I think I will put it in WIP-forim as well.
You are rght about the graas. I really liked the way the light fell trough, so I got a bit carried away :slight_smile:

Hmmm. It looks okey, I guess. The lighting is particularly nice and reflects the softness and lack of strong directional light in medieval art.

It has problems though. The most problematic to me is the composition. The tree and the girl seems to be placed equidistant to the camera wich result to a rather flat effect since none can be said to be farther or nearer the camera. This might work in 2D but not in 3D. This is emphasized by the foreground grass which cuts the base of the tree and the feet of the girl making it harder to tell distance.

Another problem is also the pose. It is really static, straight and wooden. While there are paintings that are like that, it is not the best out there. It is not dynamic and it doesn’t express feminity… well, the medieval version of feminity, not the sexy feminity we have today.

The shape of the tree is also a problem. It essentially leads us out of the picture instead of keeping us in.

The woman also lacks the medieval beauty and look, especially that hair and figure.

It was a good atempt and a lot of things could be improved and it has nice lighting.

I really like it, but I preferred the 1st one, I think if you get this to WIP and get some input you will end up with a good work here.

Shaun

I’m really liking what you have done so far. True it could use some improvement, but it’s basically quite sound.
I disagree with what the guy above said about it being too flat; it is flat, but I assumed you’d done it on purpose, as it is very reminiscent of medieval paintings. Most medieval art is notable for its’ lack of depth.

I would move it to the WIP forum though, if I were you; as it isn’t finished, and you are more likely to get feedback on how to improve.

are you using an environment texture? or just a backplate?

People, thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it. It sharpens the mind and make me a better blender artist :slight_smile: I will take this to WIP threat.

@C.G Very true. I want to find out how an medieval artist would potret Eva form the perspectieve of Adam

@Relmon “The woman also lacks the medieval beauty and look, especially that hair and figure.” You are right. I gave her a bit of a belly, but sticked too much to makehuman standards.

@Relmon “Another problem is also the pose.” Fixed.

@Speed7 “but I preferred the 1st one,” Me too. I’ll change is back to the Original.