Eggs & Milk v2.

I am asking for the other post in the finished to be moved.

hmm i like it over all.
the table looks like it is made of ceramic though. did you use SSS on the table?

I would change out your texture for the table. maybe a darker wood. would help with the contrast between the table and the wall.

the “Milk” letters are too perfect also.

the eggs could use some more detail. even a simple cloud texture to add some roughness would be good(very subtle).

Thanks, no other suggestions? I see a ton of looking, no comments?

I think the handle of the milk container is a problem. The milk container looks like an old style of metal container that was cut out of sheet metal. The handle however looks more like something you would find on a clay pot, or a pot that was made out of cast metal. It’s a curved tube structure. It would make more sense if the handle looked like it was made from the same process as the jug. Instead of a tube, use a curved flat strip of metal that has been bent and riveted to the jug. Now I thought originally that the jug was ceramic. which would be fine, except the wear you added to jug, the dents and scratches look more like metal wear than ceramic wear.

The general problem is simply that the whole thing is too soft, even to the point where the milk-jar almost disappears into the background (loss of 3D illusion).

Consider hybrid use of both BI and Cycles on this picture, using BI to create 3-point lighting including some artfully colored highlights. Clearly define the edges, and give a sense of the ceramic and egg-shell textures. This will also improve the perception of tack-sharp focus.

I respectfully disagree with the “dents and scratches” idea, because if I am shooting a still-life in a studio, I want the objects in the picture to be perfect, virginal, and spotless. (You know the old joke: Q: What’s the one thing you never find on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle? . . . A: A fingerprint!” Same thing goes for new-car commercials . . .)

A little more color would be nice: maybe a blue handle, red “Milk” lettering, and so on. A little “ceramic creativity.”

Yeah I noticed that, a few things have been made. The eggs, apparently chicken eggs come in all sorts of colors.

I think it is plastic jar&bowl

I do really like the texture of the back wall, I think it works really well. I think you need to do some field blurs. Adding some blurs will help the subjects pop out from the picture.