Nvidia GTX Titan Z Cuda error out of memory on simple scenes

Hello!
I have problems with my new GTX Titan Z, before this card I had one single GTX Titan and it worked like a charm and only got Cuda error when the scenes took more vram than it got (No shit!). But now with Titan Z I can render all of my scenes but only one frame, then when it starts with the second frame, it gets cuda error right away. The only way to render on GPU again is to restart the computer.

I have the latest drivers and Blender 2.76b.
Any way to flush the vram?
Anyone who knows what the problem could be?

Hello!

I had similar problems with new hardware (i5-4460, 8GB RAM, Zotac GTX 970 4GB) and Blender 2.74 on Debian Jessie. With latest Ubuntu Xenial (Blender and NVIDIA drivers from Ubuntu repositories) first i got the same error (Out of memory in cuLaunchKernel(cuPathTrace…)). Then i started to play around with Blender 2.74 and Blender system preferences on Xenial. I set the tile size to 256x256 and i disabled Mipmaps and GPU Mipmap Generation, set Image Draw Method to GLSL and Memory Cache Limit to 4096. In detail i don’t know what it means respectively how it works. But with these settings Blender runs realy smooth and using CUDA without any errors anymore. Hope this helps someone with similar problems.

I haven´t solved this yet!
Now I use one main blender with all my addons and prefs, and one blender just for render.

But I find that in the console blender put out:

Exception ignored in: <bound method CyclesRender.del of <bpy_struct, CyclesRender invalid>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\cycles_init_.py”, line 51, in del
engine.free(self)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.77\scripts\addons\cycles\engine.py”, line 104, in free
if hasattr(engine, “session”):
ReferenceError: StructRNA of type CyclesRender has been removed

AttributeError: ‘Context’ object has no attribute ‘object’
Error: CUDA error: Out of memory in cuMemAlloc(&device_pointer, size)

Hi,

This is for anyone that happens to stumble upon this thread. I had a similar issue with cycles, and had ample amounts of VRAM for rendering certain scenes and benchmark test files.

I discovered rebooting your system helps because there may be an issue with the Nvidia drivers, and your system may simply need to be rebooted. Another way to fix this issue is switching to a previous driver, and then switching back to the most recent driver. By doing it this way, you also have to reboot your system.

This is just a theory, but trying one or both of these methods may help reset and fix some code linking issues between your OS, the Nvidia drivers, and Blender.

If this doesn’t help, there could be other issues.

So far, things seem to be operating as before. I’ll give it some time, and hopefully this issue doesn’t come up again.

Happy Blending :slight_smile: