Matsumoto Rangiku from Bleach

I’m just wondering what the professionals think of it.

This is a series of characters I’m doing, my interpretation of them and how I imagine them if they were real people.

I want criticism on how the body (my focus at the moment) and global project.

And sorry for my google translator english.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420517[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420513[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420516[/ATTACH]

The body’s detail work is very impressive. I haven’t watched bleach so I had to do a google search to see what the character looks like. Some characteristics I notice for this character in anime form are:

• A face that is distinctly thin.
  • A sensuous expressiveness to her eyes.
  • The way her lips are framed when she isn’t smiling create a shallow upside down “u”, it’s sadder than a blank expression but it’s counteracted by her aggressive eyes creating a sexy look.
  • Her breasts are large and it seems overall, from what looks like official artwork, that she is generally thicker than the average female in the show/manga.

Actually it seems as though they did some edits to her character design to make her less sexy and more “cuter.” They toned down how much cleavage she showed and changed her expression to be more happy and bubbly, I presume you’re a fan of the more mature design.

This is a bit of tough project to critique because anime and realistic styles are completely different in how the features are rendered. Not only that but this character is well endowed, and as a result thicker, but is also at the same time very fit, making things a little more interesting.

The human body is generally balanced no matter how much someone weighs and I feel like your model is a bit forward-heavy. The details of your model are great. You need to compensate for her larger breasts, she needs to have larger fat deposits in different parts of her body, her back should be thicker to compensate for the extra weight in front. The increase in fat deposits will soften out her belly and waist, however that may start clashing with the aesthetic you’re looking for. Someone can be strong and thick without showing a lot of evidence on the surface body in the form of visible muscle structure.

On the positive side it also means she gets to have a larger butt, can’t tell me that’s a bad thing! >=P

I won’t comment too much on the head and face as I’m not as well versed on the facial muscles as I should be, I found a neat realistic drawing of the character that could be useful as reference but I can’t link it as I’m under the 10 post limit.

Reading your post I noticed that I made some terrible mistakes, one of them is that I forgot that I know Bleach series, but some people do not, and now I know why I did not get answers, I also forgot to explain my point of view of the project in a clear way, so I’ll try it now.

My goal is to come up with something near a cosplay, but I’m not using a specific reference for her and others, I followed a first idea of ​​how I imagine them, and how they would be based on what I know of the series and its characters, history, lifestyle, and the like, but I do not have much experience in the composition of characters, so I took a step bigger than my leg in this project X.X

I decided to ignore the specific references, such as copying a face or body to finish the projects, she is my Frankenstein, with hundreds of different references, so I made a body based on my initial design, so slightly thick arms and more robust appearance, rough hands and some muscle definition on the shoulders and upper back (sword fights with strange creatures, spells, and a lot of movement with arms) or even a trace of life as menial jobs, as even women who work with kitchen has this tendency to have chubby arms.

About her:

She was a street child on Soul Society, she has been used in some laboratory experiments because of it. She is a broken inside woman, insecure, fearful, who lies to himself trying to be someone else, someone who has learned to live with its ‘advantages’ (beauty for example), she’s the kind of girl who can seduce a man and stab him in the back to finish a job, betray or lie to get something while she is loyal to its objectives and friends.

She is also a stereotype inside the series, she’s the hot blonde who likes to get drunk, it’s funny and sexy, the change you talked about:

Actually it seems as though they did some edits to her character design to make her less sexy and more “cuter.”

It was a change in history when the first season’s main story ended and she lost her first beloved and only boyfriend in her arms (can shed a tear if you want T.T [lol]), they changed her to fit it the new story (at least I assume so), the series also had a strong shift of art after the end of the first season (season 1 = long hair, season 2 = short hair), if you watch old episodes (prior to 315 if memory serves me correctly) the characters has a heavier look and things are very limited, they did now drawn more stylized and free.

I really like her within the series because she is so complex and full of human nature and human dilemmas, such as fear, love, lies, desires and more, unlike others that look like Captain America with the classic phrase: “Let’s save the day” she enchants me because it is difficult to find this kind of deep emotions within art projects, but is also very difficult to express it in his face with inert expression.

About my vision of the project:

One of my desires is simply to ignore the overall look that people would have with the characters, do something that ‘might’ be instead of something that ‘should’ be (if that makes sense to anyone but myself), that’s why I decided to use a more ‘filled’ face with big cheeks instead of a leaner and sexy face, as Hollywood actresses like Milla Jovovich and use a different style, a more broad and bulky face like Amy Lee for example.

I understand the weight compensation of human body, the bone structure, muscles, fat layers, 5 layers of skin, and aesthetic interference (veins, vessels, arteries, scars, deformations) and how our body naturally tries creates a distribution to the rest of the body and also adapts to deformations such as those caused by the pants down the waistband, which generate a belly on both sides of the front belly, a larger chest to giant breasts, for example, or “gradient” that exit the top to the hips until they are better relocated, but as you said:

however that may start clashing with the aesthetic you’re looking for.

with the first thought I have in the original body, I leaned in some genetic exceptions girls with American style with huge breasts with a more lean and thin body, so I ended up following this comic book character stereotype.

I was thinking of leaving that facial expressions to show of emotions, but it was so childish, I ended up even forgetting the natural appearance of people when they are inert, and it really has a sadder traced considering childhood, current life, personality and other elements that build her, but before your comment I really had forgotten about that, I will try to change it a bit, working on his chin to make him slightly thinner and also examine the overall structure of her body again, and her butt offcourse >=P

Thank you for your answer, realy helped me a lot, I hope to have your contribution again when I made some retouches (maybe next week).

And I’m sorry the long answer and Google translator English.

That’s a fascinating idea, to take the qualities of one of your favorite character and re-imagine her not only in a more realistic fashion, and more than just a simple Anime -> Realistic port, but in a completely new way with some features still referencing the original character design. When you put it that way I can start to appreciate the similarities in a whole new way, especially with some of the backstory now in my mind. I can “see” her history in her face! By the way I forgot to say, you did a great job with her clothes as well. Can’t wait to see your update, maybe in around a week’s time, and the English came out pretty good.

Well, she’s a little bit heavier and really got better with the extra weight, I also used this short space of time to shape her face, strong details at this momment but i’m working on it, the skin material and painting process takes a loot of details away, so i’m being cautelous with this details , a little bit more serious and not so young (she’s over 300 years old), waiting for a new perspective to start the finishing process, base paint (normal maps), painting, textures and hair of the head and eyes, i’ll try a turntable next days, when i decide what to do with some of the face details.

http://s23.postimg.org/ij65634cr/MR_F_BW_REF.jpg

http://s9.postimg.org/57l2mze27/MR_F_S_REF.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/gc88w5wzh/MR_FB_BW_REF.jpg

Someone say something for God sake, i’m feeling ignored lol

So, you are going the realistic route with this character? Even for being over 300 years old, some people still look young. It does have some appeal. But for me… I don’t know…

paddhuuuu to the rescue!!greetings human.

okay…the face looks worng ,looks kinda masculine ,the ear on the upper edges looks too thin and the eyes also look small.

Body is great, looks really detailed and accurate, but that face is kind of disturbing haha