Surreal

I’ve been playing with sketchfab a lot. I wanted to play with their shaders. I also wanted to make something that looked complex out of really simple repeated objects. I would love critique on composition. There really is no purpose to the object. It doesn’t fill a role in any way beyond playing around with it. Check out the 3d version, its supposed to be like a 3d toy.

Conceptually it’s a fascinating little piece, if not a bit slow on the processing front (I use a $200 laptop mind you) It looks like some sort of warp gate or structure you can fall “through” into, with clouds on top and rock faces on the bottom! The red sphere conjures up images of Japan and it seems the theme fits. I like the way the features of the bottom scale up into a base at regular and sharp intervals, and it’s neat to look into the hallow structure.

Ahh I’m sorry for the performance issues. Ive used a few of those little netbooks, with 1-2 gigs of ram, I think that’s what you mean. It’s fairly highpoly and I used some 4k textures. It must be hard on the memory!

This is a computer network. Thoughts?