Learning the fundamental constructs binding all highend 3D Content Creation Suites

Hi,

I recently completed revising a course I used to teach at the University of Cape Town. It addresses the commonalities within many highend 3D Content Creation Suites, and how transferable that knowledge is.

The course is oriented towards beginners with no prior knowledge of 3D but advanced users, particularly those that have learned the software they are utilizing from a highly abstracted level, can also benefit from an understanding of the lower level constructs the course addresses when transitioning from other highend 3D softwares.

Although, the course should ideally be software agnostic when practical examples are required visuals have been extracted from Maya and Blender primarily both chosen for their universal and reliable accessibility within the 3D content creation industry.

The course consists of extensive documentation, lots of downloadable assets (for examples of practical implementation) and numerous quizzes to monitor your Self Regulated Learning experience. The course is also completely free with reusable content provided under various Creative Commons licensing.

I hope you find it to be useful :slight_smile:

Lyndon

http://lyndondaniels.com/education/3D