From video sequence to node edit?

If I am editing a video in the video editor, how can I bring it to the node editor to do my corrections and color gradings? I don’t see any way to add anything except to open a file.

Thanks

You can go from compositor to sequencer but not sequencer to compositor.

You’d have to render your video to a file and load that into the compositor

Ah that stinks, but good to know that I can stop looking for a way. Thank you.

The addon works fine or did on older builds. However you can do quite a lot of correction work in the vse using strip modifiers. There are curves and color wheels as well as masking etc.

I got tired of trying to figure out the Blender, so I downloaded the free version of Davinci Resolve. It didn’t take long before I came back to Blender. Even with its shortcomings, it doesn’t require me to put Quicktime on my computer, it allows me to use AVI, and the UI is so darn easy and intuitive compared to Resolve. Wow… what a difference. Now to figure out why adding scenes just puts a cube on my screen. Thanks for the help everyone.

Go to the VSE preview window (where you expect the image to be) and press the N key for properties. In the properties panel scroll to find OpenGL preview, turn it off. As it over rides the output from the compositor.

hah well, look at that. Thanks 3pointEdit. I never would have figured that one out :slight_smile: