Blender PBR viewport Branch v0.2

By Clement Foucault
This is a very quick demonstration of branch of blender.
You can download it on website clement-foucault.com/#blender_pbr

crazy crazy crasy

I have to test it

Testing it right now, first question: any good way to use one output for viewport rendering and another for cycles? Maybe something like a boolean in the nodetree that would give similar results? If not it would be very useful since not everything is compatible yet and and having to switch between regular shaders and viewport compatible shaders could be annoying.

OpenGL render of my viewport:

What makes it even better is the .blend thumbnail looks like that too :slight_smile:

so, do I need to buy a new notebook or install new OpenGL?

GPUShader: compile error:
WARNING: 3:2275: Only GLSL version > 110 allows postfix “F” or “f” for float
ERROR: 3:2957: ‘{’ : syntax error syntax error

Thanks! this is just amazing!

Now I can cut the middle man and just use blender

Wow, looking gooood.

this was jaw dropping, really looking forward for all the viewport overhaul regarding OpenGL. If it looks this good there should probably be a OpenGL render engine.

Especially if we see more stuff like the screenspace AO and DOF Blur, maybe there are some other deferred rendering techniques that could be used, like Z depth pass (prolly used in DOF Blur), ID masking?

it could be valid to have a OpenGL Render Engine selection under Cycles, for playblasts and animating game assets (as close as they would appear in-game)

As soon as it starts to appear in trunk I might as well start on a PBR Shader that mimics Unity3d as good as possible

So Nice work. It would be nice to have this in main blender branch for next release.

Amazing stuff! Congratulations! :slight_smile:

Oh my gaawd. Supercool.

UOhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I can’t belive it. Too good to be true.

Wow. This is crazy cool and gets me excited as anyone else! A warm thanks for the work!

greetings, Kologe

P.S.: The splash-screen scene made me think of the “SCII - Wings of Liberty”-Intro even. :yes:

What magic is this?! :smiley: And I think the most important question is, are you collaborating with the BF directly?

thats impressive. Should i understand that you are making this by yourself?

I’m just speechless. You are an absolute inspiration!

Wow! Really awesome! Something like this would be really cool added to the trunk together with an render engine so you can get a video out of it without having to record your screen with an additional software!
Have you contacted the Viewport-Project team and do you plan to contribute it to the trunk, if accepted and wanted? Would be so amazing…

Great! i love this branch :smiley:

^ agreeing a lot with this.

I’m very fond of the OpenGL renderer in Fusion, it’s a lot of fun doing complete setups using Fusion’s OpenGL renderer, with near real time rendering…

People are awsome 2016, Blender version.:eyebrowlift2: