Funny Blender composite finished video- waterballoon racoon

Here’s a finished composited video using 2d elements, 3d elements(fluid particles), object tracking and sequence editor for sound.

Here is the node layout-(I’d like to encourage you – the more I use nodes, the easier it becomes!)[INDENT=3]

[/INDENT]

Side note:
I’ve been using OBJECT tracking- it is easy, quick and easy to see your tracks in 3d view. But every time I try camera tracking I can NEVER get it to work good. first, its hard to track 8 points the length of the video. it seems to only track for 2 frames or so at a time. very frustrating and very hard to then make a scene and incorporate floors, walls etc.
If someone has success with this, and can point me to an “easy” tutorial, I would appreciate it.

Thank you

You have close to no paralax in your scene, you cannot 3d track it. However it’s still possible in such case to 2d track the footage or, if you know that your footage is not good enough for tracking, you use two pictures of the place where you filmed with enough paralax. Then you put them at the end or begining of your clip and use them to recreate the scene.
If you have issue tracking your footage, try converting the clip in an image sequence and don’t forget to prefetch it. If your pc seems too weak to handle the task, try working with proxys, the inconvenient is that quality drops and therefor it is harder to correctly track a specific point.
Anyway I liked the video it’s pretty funny!

I’m gonna send this to my friend, he loves raccoons, he’ll get a kick out of it.

Neat! I’ve done simple compositing but I’ve think you’ve one-uped me. Nice work!