Android App Idea

I thought about making an android app that acts as a simple wireless gaming keyboard for PC games. All it would be is a screen that looks like this:

#############

Q W E R T Y
A S D F G
SHFT Z X C V B

#############

Ive checked google play store for similar apps. But they all seem to be Classical styled like a game controller.

has anyone already come up with wasd gaming keyboard as an android app? Or am I just wasting my time?

I had one that was a wireless keyboard and mouse trackpad thing (not at the same time)
when my mouse broke and I still wanted to blend.

forgot what it was called.

that said, a keyboard that was more then a keyboard would be neat,

like the game could pipe what keys to highlight and what colors ? (like Press Y to open inventory highlights key on software keyboard)

But this would take time to catch on :smiley:

i was thinking of making a generic one as apposed to one for a specific game i would be making along with it. I’m saying one that will work as an underlying program that will work side-by-side with any game or program…even notepad.

yes, that is what I was suggesting AND have a network port that recieves a list or something [[W , [1,.25,.25]],[A , [1,.25,.25],[S , [1,.25,.25],[D , [1,.25,.25]]

for instance would set WASD to glow red …

this could be something that catches on like wildfire :smiley:
(start selling hardware keyboards that use the same system and apps !) :smiley:

you could have user defined presets, or even game to keyboard interactions :smiley:

right! so nobody has made something as simple as this before?

How would you use a touchscreen as a gaming keyboard.

Do you look at the game or the controller. If you look at the game you don’t know what keys you are pressing, if you look at the controller you don’t know what buttons to press

oh dear god imagine the latency…

Home row bump on a peel?

Why would I use a virtual keyboard to play a game on a PC if, more likely than not, you would be holding it a few inches away from a real keyboard?

It would be more distracting and harder to concentrate for one thing because I’m holding the thing in front of me and have to look over it to see the game being played. It also would be difficult to operate it with one hand (very important if you need your other hand on a mouse).

this is to use your tablet as your real keyboard, and I wonder if you teathered it, if you could get faster response than over a network?

also it could not use up your battery etc… in fact if would be incentive/reminder to juice up.

No Juice up… no keyboard :smiley:

Like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.monect.portable

Just a wireless keyboard app with only the gaming keys like wasd etc. but Wow…i expected this to have already been made… guess ill get right on it. Ill put it on steam and google play when im done…

I would say it would suck for gaming but is very useful for emergency situations like when your keyboard is broken.