Big video projects?

I just started using blender as a video editor, and I love it. However I’m a bit concerned about how to organize large projects?

For example, if I am editing a documentary, the sequencer will get very cluttered. Is there any way to “compartmentalize” sections (other than meta-strips which I don’t think are the answer)?

As I said, I am very new to this and trying to learn so if I am missing something obvious, please let me know. Thanks.

t

Yes there is a great way to organise you media and give it meaningful metadata without cutter.

You must RUN not walk to http://easy-logging.net
it is amazing!

Great news, I’ll check it out. Thank you so much.

hi t_k, Blender is my absolute favourite software in the world, and if I had to take one software to a desert island it would be Blender. It’s a real Swiss-army-knife of software.
But, if I wanted to do professional video editing, I would really recommend that you use software made specifically for video editing.
If free software is what you’re after, why not use the brilliant DaVinci Resolve. The ‘lite’ version is free and it’s got the best colour grading available. I know you could edit a film in Blender - but you’re setting yourself up for potential pain - especially if you’re planning a long-form documentary. Just my friendly suggestion as a professional video editor and CG generalist - take it or leave it - peace out.