Export to Dae extremely distorted.

I have rigged a character that is pedaling a bike. However, when I export the character as a dae…it is extremely distorted. The person on the bike and pedaling motion are correct, but the bike is laying around the character in pieces.
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?
Before Export…

After Export…

Try applying the scale and rotation of all objects (Ctrl+A)

Thanks for the reply.
That seems to at least get the wheels and rider back into scale, but still extreme distortions.

I also tried rigging and animating a person with a walking cycle and exported it the same way as the biker above. It actually works properly except for one leg spins like a windmill for some reason (this does not happen in the Blender viewport before exporting dae).

I have made sure that transformations were applied and use ctrl + A with both models. I have tried using IK Pole targets, limiting the rotation and location of bones as well as pole targets, and used all 3 of the dae export options. I think the problem might be that I am exporting this dae and opening it in another software (E-On LumenRT GeoDesign). Everything online seems to agree that problems arise when going from Blender to another software with an animated/rigged model.
Is there a special dae exporter I can download for Blender that mitigates these problems? If I use “Rigify” extension instead of building my armature…does this export better? Or does anyone know of any tricks at all that will export animated dae models to look and move exactly as they do in the Blender Viewport?