Zelda Blender Game

Hello, following is my old fan make Zelda awakening in blender, i decided to make the code cleaner and organized, then finish some points

I made a Git repository for those would have access to the project and / or help me achieve that.
You can model, texture, and scripting objects to help me.

It will not be a complete blender game, just a demo that will be a project to show “how to do that”
I warn immediately I am only a junior, even if the code is not “clean”, I think some can learn :slight_smile:

Dépôt - Zelda_BlenderGame

The readme in the git repository is not full english (i’am french), but the manual is in English

Sorry for my bad english.

:smiley: cool project,
i have find this mod project of zelda windwaker which can add ressources (textures) to your project
http://onthegreatsea.tumblr.com

Hello, here is a small update of my zelda fan game in the BGE.
It’s still poor but it advance x)

Zelda In Blender Game - Fight Test

Wow… Nice, but… it does’nt work, when play the game, Link cant move

I’ve looked at the previous video so many times, excited to see that you’re on it again! (I was sure that it was cancelled) Do you have a special level/part of the overworld that you aim to do? A more specific goal would make a more clear target, and maybe that would help more people to join.

Good luck!

Hi the project looks pretty cool but as @agiler147 sayd the character wont move at all for some odd reason

Running on Blender 2.76b

This is pretty cool.
I’m using Linux Mint 17 64 bit. Encountered three problems:

1. Missing Python module
Blender Game Engine Started
Python module can't be imported - object 'wood_box', controller 'Python':
ImportError: No module named 'scripts.box'
Scene
HUD
touch the ground
Added cam MainCam
Blender Game Engine Finished

1. Camera does not move until pressing A (after which the console reports “Added cam MainCam”)

2. Missing textures

It would be nice if the pygame dependency was removed or made optional. Not sure if bge’s joystick support is still messed up.

That character model is perfect! Goodness.

Ok thank all :slight_smile: !
For scripts.box, is a useless scripts, i going to remove it in the next update.

Since i update the repository, and for missing i started to reorganized it.

I try fix your problems, and for each problems show me the console please :slight_smile:

For pygame is sure !
I’am in blender 2.76

I wish I had time to help lol, I have done the blocks and all sorts of other stuff including the lens of truth which you can find in one of my posts here in game engine support and discussion.

I also probably shouldn’t help because I’m applying for a position at nintendo.

I can do everything zelda games have done past and present in blender 2.49b.

also, please make sure to give me credit for the method if used, thanks!

Without a doubt it is the most advanced 3D legend of zelda project I have seen so far.

I remember me watching your first video last year for like … 100 times ahah.

This is so cool ! And please, try to release at least a little demo with, like, a press start screen, an ennemy to kill and a png to talk ! :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way congratulation man

I sent you PM DZak.

I update the project.

Zelda in blender | Update 17-03-2016

Impressive! Love Zelda, love this. Be careful though, Nintendo is known for not liking fan made titles. Bare that in mind, this project could be subject to copyright claims and you won’t be able to release it :frowning:

Anyways, good on you for putting your project on github. Very cool to see the progression, nice!

Private Message me again,okay DZak?

If Nintendo suspend my project, i just have to replace the mesh of the character and title of the game. I created my own story, all textures (except a few of which I intend to replace), enemies, etc. So the migration will not be difficult ^^

From the looks of the project you might as well create your own game inspired by legend of zelda since you have all the mechanics and unique enemies ,it saves you time from putting disclaimers in each and every video and risking Nintendo to suspend the project.

Apart from that looks pretty cool,good luck with your project :slight_smile:

That is Really good!

Hey! I watched the video and it seems really awesome. Subbed to see new updates. Keep working like that and I expect you to make another coll BGE game:D

Send me private message DZak.