How much do freelancers charge in the US? Programs to track jobs etc?

1. I’m new at Freelancing, I understand not to charge to little for work (I have to survive) But is there a good rule of thumb used to figure out how much I should charge a client? Such as a logo or 3D furniture renders?
  2. Is there a software program that will work on Linux, were I can keep track of hours worked, different jobs,tasks etc? I want to keep everything organized in one program.
  3. Legal documents?
  4. Any tips or advice will be appreciated
    Bonus question!* 5) What ways to receive payment from different currencies? Paypal? or something else?

This is a sample. From this can you gauge how much its worth? I did show this to the client they liked it and want to know how much it will cost for 25 renders. All the renders will be pretty much the same, but different colored wood, and styles. Any ideas for the pricing of this? I have been keeping track of hours.

My personal rule has been to estimate how long a task will take and bid based on that. Pad it a little so that if it takes you longer than you estimated, you’re covered. Be prepared to include some reasonable revision time (one hour is reasonable) in your cost. Excess revision time should be compensated. You could, alternatively, quote an estimate and then just track your hours and charge by the hour. You may end up charging less or more this way, but at least it’s accurate.

If you’re receiving payment from foreign clients, PayPal will convert currency automatically, but then they also take their cut. It’s not so bad on a few-hundred dollar payment, but it’s less bearable when they take their bite out of a few-thousand dollar job. But you ma have no other option if you’re working with international clients.

There are probably good task trackers in the app store, whatever your distro is calling it now. Just search for time tracker or task tracker. There are quite a few on SourceForge as well.

Thank you for the advice! :slight_smile:

Here is a good article to read that addresses most of your questions.

How much to charge for Freelance art.