Request for quote

Hi all.

It was suggested I post here at /r/belnder as I’m after a bit of advice around what it might cost to get a 3D promo video made for a startup.

I’m looking for about 30 seconds of video of a number of drones flying over a cityscape and moving amongst the buildings on delivery routes. It would be quite zoomed out to show a reasonable amount of the city, maybe 10 - 20 blocks or so and would have 10 - 20 drones on screen at any one time.

If possible I’d like people to be able to view this in VR, but only if this didn’t add massively to the overall cost.

I’m interested in ballpark ideas of time and cost to get something like this put together professionally, where to go to commision a piece of work like this and also how to commision it - is the description above enough to get started and then look at wireframes with the artist to tweak it or is that a recipe for cost overruns?

Thanks, and apologies if it’s not appropriate for this forum.

Toby

Check city block prices at TurboSquid, make some calculations based on your hourly rate and rendering times. To be honest this amount of data is not enough for an affordable quote. What is the planned quality, resolution, rendering style, pure CGI or mixed with live footages, is there any special animation needs, what is the flight level, etc.

For the city maybe you need to (buy or model) + animate cars, humans, etc.

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood you. My bad.
What still stands is that more data will be needed for a correct quote.

I’ve sent you a private message.
Thanks for the opportunity!