Align tools

hi everyone
I found a thread on here about align tools but I can’t find the addon can anyone steer me in the right direction
thx :slight_smile:

I found a thread on here about align tools
Which align tools ?

Align Tools addon ? http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/3D%20interaction/Align_Tools

Hi Richard yup that what i’m talking about but how do i add that to my blender
i have to use a onscreen keyboard I get around most things but its annoying getting carers to hold buttons for me

thx in advance

aas i use a onscreen keyboard i can do everything except lock a axis when scaling/extruding is there anyway I can do this within blender
thx heaps
sorry for bein a pain

Hi Shaneags, i can not help you on that one, but am sure this is possible in Blender or will be made possible in the future,
and please dont feel being a pain, I had look on your site and must say, a lot of other people are/ should feel being a pain on this planet…
if only the half of the planet would have your mentality, strength and perseverance, we would be off a lot better…
The force exists… and you have it…
happy new year my friend

thanks a million schoggi means alot :slight_smile: hopefully soon ill be able to do it all myself im sure its not far off :slight_smile:

hopefully soon ill be able to do it all myself im sure its not far off :)[/QUOTE]
I don t have the slightest doubt about that:yes:

I don t have the slightest doubt about that:yes:

The Align Tools are weird, because you can’t get them unless you do the Spacebar menu first, and start typing “Align”.

BEFORE you do that, make sure your blender 3D window is showing its Toolshelf (t), and make sure the bottom of the toolshelf is visible too (that’s the part that changes, depending on whichever tool you’re using).

Select your objects, do Spacebar to get the search, and start typing “Align” and choose “Align Objects” when it appears.

On the Toolshelf, lower left, you’ll see some align options. I only just discovered this today, so I don’t know any more tips about this tool yet. Experiment with it. It looks like it’s important to select the key object last, the one you want to align others against.

I was just logging in today to say, to the blender world, “yay, the Align Objects tool is awesome and I wish I had known about it sooner!” I also wish there were a button for it in the logical place, somewhere near the other tool buttons that move/scale/rotate objects.

I see a way to do this, but it pretty much only works for one selected object at a time, not multiple objects:

Select object.

Look at 3D View’s builtin Properties pane (the one you get by typing ‘n’; sorry but that’s a bad name for it).

Find the section titled “Transform”.

Click the locks next to any X, Y, Z parameter that you want to lock.

Now you can type G, R or S and get back to work. Let us know if that didn’t help. I don’t come to the forums often, and I might not see your reply, but if you post here instead of in a PM, at least others will have a chance at pitching in a little help if they see something they know about.