Conan the Barbarian Statue | Kfir Merlaub Art

Hi Everyone!

It has been a good while since my last Blender project.
I would love to share the latest here! :slight_smile:

Conan the Barbarian in pose. A suggestion for a collectible production of one of my most favored characters - Conan as performed by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
I take a lot of inspiration from Sideshow Collectibles, how they present their statues is something I aspire to create. And it would be a dream creating such works with Sideshow :slight_smile:

Created in Blender. and rendered in realtime.
Very very happy with the new SSAO feature!
This time I used the vertex paint option in blender to color the textures not just for shading.
And I reached 11 million verts for the geometry which is the highest for me so far in Blender :slight_smile:
( I guess Blender has now much more performance and that’s awesome! )
Happy New Year!!!

Find Out More: www.kfirmerlaubart.com

Attachments

1 Like

1 Like

He looks fantastic, well done. I remember watching that movie when I was about 9 or 10. :smiley:

This is amazingly well done. The proportions, sword, everything.

This needs to be 3dprinted :slight_smile:

Holy Crom !

That’s brilliant !
Very beautiful sculpting and an amazing likeness.

excellent man
and you sculpted every detail in an awesom way

Thanks guys! I really hope this suggestion will one day be sponsored to get produced… My dream is to be a sculptor for the collectible industry. This should be a part of the next batch of works that will be an update to my existing portfolio.

I had much much thought if I should use Zbrush or Blender for my next step. I also considered a hybrid solution for my workflow… But I realized that at least for now it will be all Blender, just because of the freedom I have, the solid sculpting tools and the updated enhanced performance. I can also sculpt and present all in the same app which is amazing.
More to come… :slight_smile:

A little playing around with the scene file to give an impression of my workflow :slight_smile:

Excellent work Kfir!

You’re certainly in the right track if you want to work on the collectible industry, I hope you get it man :slight_smile:

Wow Kfir.
your work is always so impressive.
I really hope you’ll end up in your desired carrier and I honestly doubt you won’t
a good wish for this new year I guess :slight_smile:

Is insane the amount of poligons you handle on all your works!
I have curiosity about the specifications of your machine.

Thank you so much guys! Happy New year!!!
My machine is a 2015 ASUS ROG laptop it has GTX 980M I am happy with the performance :slight_smile:
Keep in mind I dont use multires, these are raw meshes. So when I reach about 10 million verts the file is at about 0.5 gigs and the memory usage can start from 1 and end up in 4 gigs of ram to process. But I really think this is all the Blender performance updates that make it so robust with so much Geometry data. So a big big thanks to all the Blender developers making this happen!

Wow, that looks so good. Can you tell us how long you need for this sculpture ? I hope you can make a tutorial for making such a beautiful sculpture. Specially how to make this beautiful details. I would buy such a tutorial immediately.

looks great. vertex paint + realtime render has worked out really well. good workflow for deferring having to retopo

Thanks!
@Mikel007, It took me about a full week’s actual time but it was about two weeks total. so my plan in the next couple of months to update my portfolio. :slight_smile:
@finty, Using vertex paint like Zbrush’s polypaint can work indeed! this is the first time I try it. I hope Vertex paint will update soon though to be expanded with more features and performance…

This is just so amazing, I am very impressed with the details level!

Arnold Schwartzenegger will be proud of you.

I really like this one. You captured Arnold’s face photo realistically. I am not sure how you get the faces so dead on! It is truly a unique skill. There is usually some variation that makes one think, “Wow, that almost looks just like him!” Well in this work I can only say, “THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE HIM!” and how in the world did you get Arnold’s clone to download into your computer? I mean, digitizing actual matter must be worth trillions! Way to go on this! You blender genius you!

Please, i want to know what is wrong with this project. Was it lighting, texturing or what? Please need help