BGMC19 - Dark-To-Light

So with it being Christmas tomorrow, I’m going to put the game here.

The game is in a pretty much finished state. There were a few things left to polish, but it’s in a pretty good place.

Every texture and model was made from scratch. I used a combination of high poly modelling, baking and Gimp to create the textures.

I took a bit of a short cut with the sounds. I created the theme music in soundation studio.
The gun sound I got from freesound.org (CC licence). Credit to ani_music (Freesound username of up-loader).

If you have a really slow computer that can’t handle all the lights, press ‘L’ and it will delete all of the decorative lights.

The aim is to essentially kill the waves of enemy. As you kill them, the light will come back and brighten up. You have a progress bar at the top so you know how much longer you have to survive. You’ll also notice the trees grow slowly as you progress.

I’m pretty happy with how much I’ve managed in such a short space of time. Work has been really quiet this month so I’ve had a lot of free time to complete the game.

So, here it is. Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

Download Game

Heres a video to feast your eyes on :smiley:

Nice to hear that somebody has finished his game alredy. However, I will test all the games with the pack. Good luck! And, of course, ​merry Christmas!

Thanks Adrian. I have added a video to the first post so you can have view of it before you play :slight_smile:

I like that your bullet things are slow so they’re doge-able. It’s like Quake :cool:

Thanks! I wish it was as popular as Quake!:stuck_out_tongue:

Made a little Let´s Play.
Hope you enjoy it and find it helpful.

Awesome, thanks!! :slight_smile:

It’s such a good feeling to see somebody play your game! I think I might of made it a little too challenging!

I like your idea about the power-ups. I think that would suit quite well the otherwise casual style of the came.