Uninstall's Sketchbook

Thread pic:

Been playing around with some software outside of Blender - still my #1 software for all my modeling needs, but when it comes to sculpting - either zBrush or 3DCoat has my back.

This render was induced by my binge watching of several documentaries for the movie Alien (1979). Giger is always an inspiration to me.

Continuation of the sketch, also started some skyscraper stuff, but that’ll come later…

Definitely some noise I’m trying to defeat… should probably turn down the max bounces.

Previous work in Cycles - quick architectural sketch.

nice stuff! Is that vRay for blender?

Unfortunately no, I am working on a school project and the computers there have it for Maya, and since I can only have 1 license per software (at least that’s how I understand it) I have it for Maya. So I’m doing all my modeling in Blender and eventually porting it over to Maya for rendering.

vRay for Blender isn’t really set in stone from what I understand (correct me if I’m wrong). I think right now you have to use vRay’s standalone and there’s some kind of transfer process involved if you got a license for it with Blender. Once there’s a fully-integrated version for Blender, hands down, there’s gonna be some more amazing renders on this forum for sure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]422184[/ATTACH]

Just got my hands on vRay - playing with lighting and shading. Little bit of post-pro involved…

Relatively easier when it comes to building shaders, and I really like how the blend material works. There’s something about the GI in vRay that works wonders.

can’t see the image…

The thread pic is the most recent one.