Is spline mapping (or an alternative) possible?

At some point I’d like to make my own race track for rFactor 2. I think I can get the hang of most things but one thing that’s vexing me is the texture for the racing line (the path driven to maximize speed through a corner), aka the fast path or race groove.

Instead of following the track’s centreline, like the basic texture, this flows smoothly between the left and right edges. The ideal way to map the texture seems to be with spline mapping (see this video:
https://youtu.be/foydgOcFstY?t=150) but Blender does not seem to have that feature. Recently I came up with an alternative by editing the UV map with proportional editing, but it only seems effective with very simple layouts.

Am I mistaken about Blender not having spline mapping, or is there a better alternative to my proportional UV editing?

Hi,

Did you ever work something out for this? It would be a fantastic feature for Blender.

Hi
Also I’m trying to create my track for rFactor 2, and this function would be extremely useful. :slight_smile: