Anyone ever seen this?

Rhino3d.com

I want to start making models in this software and converting them to the file type that I can bring over to blender and rig and animate them and export them as simple keyframed clips. I want to use the keyframed clips in unreal but I don’t know anyting bout it mon.

Moved from “Animation and Rigging” to “Other Software”

Rhino is a very well known NURBS modeler, commonly used in industrial and product design. What puzzles me a bit is the rationale behind your question: You’re planning an entire workflow based on a software you know nothing about? Why? If you don’t know Rhino, what do you expect to gain from using it?

What you need to understand is that NURBS modeling is completely different from polygonal modeling (read: Blender) as far as e. g. modeling paradigms and the representation of the objects are concerned.

Whatever you create in Rhino will exist as a mathematical representation in form of NURBS and needs to be converted into a polygonal mesh to be used in Blender. And that conversion is not as trivial as it sounds. Most likely the resulting mesh will be downright horrible and needs to be re-topologized if you intend to deform the mesh during the animation in Blender. In any way the geometry straight from rhino will be in no way optimized for the need of game engines, so you might have to re-topologize regardless of any intended deformation.

What kind of meshes do you want to create in Rhino? NURBS are predestined to be used in creating technical/mechanical models (CAD/CAM etc.), but not so much for organic objects or characters.