Ideas for features ?

Hello,
I need to develop a project for Uni in computer science, I’d be interested to know if you have any idea of features for Blender that would meet the following criteria :

1. Has math in it but doesn’t require math level higher than Bachelor Engineering level

2. Can be a Python addon or written in C, but doesn’t need tight integration with Blender (simple input/output). For eg a remesher is okay (input mesh, click a button, output mesh) but not something that would rely (heavily) on Blender API.
    As it’s for Uni, the goal is really to not spend time about Blender development but to spend time about the algorithm itself.

3. Not too ambitious (a few hours per week on it during a semester, and there’s a strict deadline)

(With link to papers/blog/posts/reference if the idea comes from it)

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Coding > Beginning Blender Code and Development”

Funny, everyone is asking for features and for once someone propose to implement the feature you want nobody’s here x/… Anyway I’ve found a topic for my bachelor project so I’m not looking for idea anymore

Ahhh… I saw this thread to late! I have a whole list of ideas I could have shared with you. Sorry about that!
Out of curiosity what subject did you choose?

where you killed it dead.

Well maybe for another time ;). So I ended up having a project in quite different field, I will work on realtime shape/gesture recognition