Spekular's Sketchbook

Figure I might as well post stuff here.
Thumbnail Image:

A couple themed logos I’ve made. They’re fairly fun because of the restriction on logo, theme, and timeframe.

Another themed logo for New Years!
Unlike the other two, this one was made up of several elements, so I made a breakdown image. The top three elements are straight out of blender, the rest was done in Paint.NET.

I’ve wanted to try my hand at sculpting for a while, and after one failed attempt that I gave up on I’ve stuck with this one.
The first night I got a decent-ish head model made and focused on sculpting a nose:

The night after I went to work on the lips, and made a couple changes to the nose:

Next session I worked on widening the lips, refining the upper lip, and carving away at the nose to make it smaller and more detailed.

Progress is continued in next post…

In my latest session I tried to move the nose and brow down while shortening the nose further, to better match reference photos.

The silhouette/outline is still off, but I improved on the jawline a little:

I’ve been holding off on the eyes because I’m not sure how to do them, but decided to give it a shot:

I also decided to go for a happier expression, so I’ve got some work to do with the mouth. The nose looks a bit out of plae with the eyes as well.