Christmas Cannon

Well, I’ve finally decided to make a render with this cannon that I made a while back. This is for Blender Guru’s Christmas contest. Everything was made in Blender with the exception of the mountain background image. The grass is from the Grass Essentials pack by Blender Guru. Post-processing was also done completely in Blender.

I am also on Facebook now.

Attachments

Great work!

Thank you!

Here’s a wireframe of the scene. I’m also working on uploading the cannon model to Blend Swap. I’ll post the link when it’s published.

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/82174

This cannon is now available on Blend Swap.

I like the post work and environment. Feels like an old west battle ground in the foothills of somewhere out west. Here’s a thought, though it might not be techinically correct, I feel like the bullet trail should have a bit of a twist or spiral to it. I’m not an ordnance expert or even a fan so I’m probably way off, but I’d think with that type of round that the canon might be rifled to spin it for more accuracy. Any way, great render.

Hey! That’s actually a really good idea! I’m definitely going to try to implement that soon! Thank you:)