Bone rotation origin help

I am trying to rig an eyelid to a bone. It’s just a rotating half sphere, but it’s causing me grief because of separate objects, as follows:

I have the character, and the eyes are children of the character, and the eyelids are children of the eyes.
The eyelids are just slightly larger [half] spheres with the same origin point as the eyes themselves.

What I want is the eyelids to simply rotate around for closing. I set the 3D cursor to the center of the eye for creating the bone, then I added the bone constraint shown in the image above. I wanted to prevent the lid from “blinking” left/right, and just the direction I wanted for closing–but to follow any left/right EYE movement that I will rig later.

It seemed to work, but when I went to do the other eye, the first eye rotated around the 3D cursor–which I had just placed at the other eye…so I’m trying to figure out where I went wrong/how to set the origin for the bone.

Did you check this button? It sets manipulation origin for the object.

Geez, half answered my own question… Simply having the pivot center set to 3D cursor instead of bounding box…but I also got some weird “warping” where the eyelid would come all the way 'round when I didn’t want it to, until I unchecked that “For Transform” box. Anyone know what that does, exactly?