Morning Coffee

Here is another portrait I finished this morning. Enjoy! :smiley:

Nicely done Guss. Just wondering, did you also do a color version?

Stunning! Goals.

Nice work! Something about the hair is off, but I don’t think I could do a better job.

Very impressive. Really like the hard lighting in the second one.

Thanks everyone, I’m glad you guys like it. :smiley:
@harleynut97 thanks, actually I do have a color version, but it needs a bit of polishing in terms of lighting/contrast before I upload. :wink:

Really impressive! Hands look a little odd, but the face is great :slight_smile:

I just read post #6 and do I have the link for you. Posted by JA12 in a thread of mine.

Also after seeing BGs post I had to smile or was it winch. When learning to draw hands will above all else lead you to strong drink. I was taught in another lifetime to think of and draw the hands square until it became second nature. Second nature was the instructors term. Yeah right.

Regardless the fingers are then rectangles as is the hand itself and then you can flush the knuckles, etc. out of those shape. A Goggle search will probably turn up how that is done. I see that thinking in your render but somehow they are still not quite right. But, the face is haunting guy. Especially with that low key lighting.

Thanks a lot Andrew and TheOldGhost :smiley:

@TheOldGhost haha yes the hands are a b*tch to get right. I’ve practiced so much just to draw hands, so creating them in 3D is a special challenge, and then there’s still texturing, shading and lighting to worry about, plus sensitive contrast settings for the B&W renders… its just an incredibly hard thing to get right digitally. :stuck_out_tongue: I’d say its been the most challenging element after the hair.

anyways, the quality feedback on this thread is great as usual. I shall be putting even more effort into my next piece :wink: