Create Rocky Environments in Blender Fast

My very first Blender tutorial. This is a simple and quick process but very effective. You can use many different objects as a group and work on the materials a bit more. The purpose of this tutorial was not creating a beautiful render but showing my workflow for environment creation. I hope you create great things!

I would love it if you posted your results in this thread or tagged me in your Facebook posts. Feel free to send me your works directly to my Facebook page and I will make sure to give you a few extra tips! :slight_smile:

Create Rocky Environments in Blender Fast:

Looks beautiful Soady, well done :slight_smile:

Thank you, Blenderer! :slight_smile:

This is awesome ! Hope you’ll do more tutorials o_o

Great! it’s what i need.

I will! My next tutorial will be about seamless texture creation, generating normal, displacement, specular and AO maps and integration of these maps in Blender by creating a material. Thank you for your support! :slight_smile:

Excellent … i enjoy a lot dat tuto :]

ps: A grass tutorial is a mystery too … but i “think” is very similar, if u try make one tuto about grass+particles, will make large success on youtube.
cheers.

Try this tutorial by Gleb Alexandrov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eshOzshjt90

It’s very interesting :slight_smile:

—double post—

yep … but i no like it so much :no:.
tkz anyway.
cheeerrrsss.

There are lots of grass / nature tutorials on youtube, but essentially you are correct, use of particles plus plant / grass objects.
Andrew Price (Blender Guru) has a commercial addon called grass essentials which has a library set up for this and it is very easy to use. However, if your budget doesn’t allow you the luxury of buying an addon, it can be done manually. :slight_smile:

This tutorial rocks!